Grant has worked in private physiotherapy practice in the Peel Region for over 15 years. He has a strong interest in musculoskeletal and sports physiotherapy, the management of back and neck pain, and in injury rehabilitation. Grant completed his BSc in Physiotherapy at Curtin University in 2001 and has since completed post graduate certificates in Advanced Sports Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Manual Therapy. He is an experienced private practice physiotherapist and has provided physiotherapy services to Peel Thunder Football Club and Mandurah City Soccer Club. Grant has worked with athletes ranging from the weekend warrior to those participating at state, national and international levels.
4 Things you might not know about Grant:
- He is married to his childhood sweetheart Chrissie.
- He has a very busy household with two sons, a daughter, and two Golden Retriever’s.
- He moved a lot in his early years with his father’s work, having lived in Thailand, Bangladesh, the Philippines, the Northern Territory and QLD – all by the age of 10.
- He has lived in Mandurah since 1990, attending high school at Mandurah Catholic College and has competed with a number of local sporting teams. Grant coaches his sons junior football team and plays Masters football with the Mandurah Makos.
Jye has extensive private practice experience both in Mandurah and overseas. More recently he has worked with Rio Tinto providing on site Physiotherapy, Manual Handling Risk Assessments, and Ergonomic Training. He is an experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapist with a strong interest in Occupational Health, Workers’ Compensation and Ergonomics. Jye is also a qualified Acupuncturist and an Australian Vestibular Association (AVESTA) registered Physiotherapist, having completed post graduate training in these fields. Jye currently provides ergonomics and rehabilitation consultant services off site in addition to providing physiotherapy treatments in our clinic.
4 Things you might not know about Jye:
- He is happily married to his high school sweatheart Kristina and lives in Riverton with his agility champion Gabby (a Maltese Shih Tzu!).
- He has travelled to more than 42 countries.
- He has completed a post graduate diploma in TCM Acupuncture.
- He is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, Occupational Health Physiotherapy Special Group, Australian Vestibular Association and an affiliate of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia.
Lauren joined 4 Life Physiotherapy in August 2011. She is a vibrant and enthusiastic physiotherapist who joins us after returning home to Mandurah from working in a busy private practice in Exmouth. Lauren is an experienced musculo-skeletal physiotherapist with certification in dry needling and pre-employment screening. Lauren is the club Physiotherapist to the Peel Thunder Football Club in addition to providing physiotherapy treatment at our clinic.
4 Things you might not know about Lauren:
- Lauren is an avid sports person. After work you’ll find her at the gym, scoring tries on the touch rugby field, or running around on a tennis, netball, or basketball court.
- Enjoys long walks along the beach especially sipping an icy cocktail.
- She believes that the West Coast Eagles are “awesome”… however is still waiting for Darren Glass to propose!
- One day wants to travel the world.
Margie joined 4 Life Physiotherapy in March 2012 and brings with her a wealth of private practice and occupational health physiotherapy experience. Margie studied Physiotherapy at the University of Sydney and has completed post graduate studies in systemic arthritic disease, chronic pain and the management of occupational health and work related injuries. Prior to joining 4 Life Physiothearpy, Margie worked locally in private practice whilst keeping busy outside of work running after her kids sports.
4 Things you might not know about Margie:
- Margie is married to the wonderful Jim, full time stand up comedian in addition to working as a production technician for BHP Billiton.
- Enjoys running after her two beautiful teenage boys getting them to soccer, touch rugby, swimming training, golf and ju jitsu.
- If she manages a few minutes to herself, Margie enjoys cooking food and eating it, ballet, Elizabethan theatre, the beach, crabbing in Mandurah, fishing, swimming, Star Trek (all series, except Deep Space Nine), camping, collecting stings of the subphylum Medusozoa, entymology, and sea horse aquaculture.
- Currently Reading: Cesar’s Way by Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer).
Myles joined the 4 Life team in 2012 and also works as the Head Physiotherapist for the Peel Thunder Football Club and as a Lecturer for Sports Medicine Australia. Myles graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy before returning to university to complete his Post Graduate Certificate in Sports Physiotherapy at La Trobe University in Melbourne. Myles is currently completing the final year of his Masters of Clinical Physiotherapy (Sports Major) at Curtin University and is also involved in a research study with Murdoch University about assessment and prognosis of AFL players with concussion. In addition to his Physiotherapy training Myles has also completed training in Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound through the Australian Institute of Ultrasound. Myles has a strong interest in sports injuries, diagnostic ultrasound and rehabilitation.
4 Things you may not know about Myles:
- He was born in Queensland and moved to WA when he was 8.
- Myles went to high school locally at Mandurah Catholic College.
- His Favourite book series is Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth Series.
- Myles loves swimming and kayaking on his days off.
Katie Joined the 4 Life Physiotherapy team in October 2014. She completed her training in New Zealand at AUT University and previously worked in New Zealand in private practice, hospital, residential care and with various sports teams. Katie has completed post graduate studies in Western Acupuncture at AUT University in New Zealand. Katie is trained as a “PINC” and “STEEL” physiotherapist and Pilates instructor for cancer rehabilitation and is also “Dance Medicine Australia” Pilates trained. Katie takes a number of Pilates 1:1, 2:1 and class sessions at 4 Life Physiotherapy.
4 things you might not know about Katie:
- Favourite colour is orange, favourite animal is a Giraffe.
- Lived in Costa Rica for 10 months when was 16years old.
- Broke her wrist a few weeks after completing her Physiotherapy degree learning to snowboard.
- Has travelled to 10 countries and hopes to keep adding to this 🙂
Lauren joined the 4 Life Physiotherapy team in January 2015. Lauren graduated from Curtin University with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy and has post-graduate certification in dry needling and Clinical Pilates. Lauren has worked alongside elite sporting teams as a Physiotherapist and has a strong interest in sports injuries and rehabilitation.
4 things you might not know about Lauren:
- Enjoys scuba diving and is fascinated by sharks.
- Is trekking Everest Base Camp in October this year.
- Owns a cheeky 3 year old Labrador who constantly keeps her on her toes.
- Loves to travel – has been to over 20 countries so far.
Melissa joined 4 Life Exercise Physiology in April 2014. She completed her studies in Health and Exercise Science at the University of NSW in 2009, and has been working in private practice ever since. Melissa is experienced in musculoskeletal, cardiac and metabolic exercise rehabilitation, and has worked extensively in balance and falls prevention. Melissa is passionate about helping others improve their lifestyles for the better, long term. As a certified wellness coach, Melissa enjoys helping her clients achieve their behavioural change and weight loss goals, using motivational interviewing and goal-setting techniques. Melissa currently runs individualised group exercise classes, as well as the 4 Life Tai Chi for Arthritis and Wellness program. She keeps active through netball, yoga, running and weight-training. Melissa loves to cook and even enjoys experimenting with healthy baking in her spare time.
4 Things you might not know about Melissa:
- She owns a naughty 1 year old American Staffy, Rex, who loves to take her for walks.
- Melissa grew up in a small coastal town in NSW, Pacific Palms, with her mum, dad and 2 sisters.
- She is newly engaged to her best friend, Steve.
- Melissa has travelled to over 15 countries throughout Europe and Asia. She hopes to explore South America for her next overseas adventure.
Rachel joined 4 Life Exercise Physiology in February 2015. She completed her studies in Sport Science and Exercise Rehabilitation at The University of Western Australia in 2011 and has had a passion for helping others through means of exercise ever since. Rachel is experienced in musculoskeletal, cardiac and metabolic exercise rehabilitation, and also works with cancer patients during and post treatment. Rachel currently runs individualized group exercise classes, as well as the Cancer Council’s Life Now Program. She also assists with the functional screening and manual handling assessments for Workscreen. She is an avid basketball fan and Perth Wildcats member. She keeps active through basketball training, running and weight lifting. In her spare time, you will find Rachel catching up with friends at a local café with a skim latte in hand.
4 things you might not know about Rachel:
- She has played in the State Basketball League for the Mandurah Magic Women since 2006.
- She has travelled to 9 different countries (with many more on the bucket list), and thanks to her junior basketball days she has played in tournaments in every state/territory in Australia other than NT.
- Back in her uni days, Rachel was a prac student at the Fremantle Football Club having the privilege to work with the Strength and Conditioning department in 2010 and 2011. Much to her family’s disapproval, she has remained a Dockers supporter ever since.
- Her favourite past time is putting together puzzles with her Gran and sister.
Fiona Waddell (Remedial Masseuse / Reflexologist)
Fiona has worked in the Peel Region for several years providing a range of techniques as a qualified Remedial Therapist & Reflexologist. Having volunteered for St John Ambulance for 14 years, Fiona has always had a strong interest in anatomy, medical conditions and postural habits affecting the majority of the population. Fiona has worked with people of all ages, abilities and medical conditions; designing the treatments for the individual. Throughout the year you’ll find Fiona at a variety of events such as the Cape 2 Cape MTB races, Fairbridge Music Festival & various motorsport events. Having found the career she has always wanted, Fiona is passionate about the effects massage has on the human body and will ensure your sessions are both beneficial yet rejuvenating.
4 Things you might not know about Fiona:
- A proud mum to her growing son.
- Enjoys exploring our beautiful country from the beach to the bush.
- Has a keen interest in natural therapies & essential oils.
- Hopes to one day travel to various countries.
(Occupational Therapist / Rehabilitation Consultant)
Merridi joined 4Lifephysiotherapy in April 2013 providing off site rehabilitation consulting services. Merridi is an experienced occupational therapist specialising in work place and vocational rehabilitation. Merridi has worked extensively in private practice and industry based roles in Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Travel and work in remote locations has provided Merridi with a wide range of occupational knowledge in mining and heavy industrial settings. Merridi has provided rehabilitation services under various workers compensation schemes. In addition to an Occupational Therapy qualification Merridi completed a Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Counselling at The University of Sydney in 2000. This provides Merridi with the skills to assist injured workers to redeploy to new work roles, through a process of vocational assessment and counselling.
4 things you may not know about Merridi:
- Happily married for 25 years with 2 grown up children.
- An avid Dockers supporter.
- Owns a quarter horse and enjoys riding several times a week.
- Has 2 gorgeous border collie dogs.
Siobhan joined 4 Life Physiotherapy in 2015 and has a qualifications in Exercise and Sports Science and Occupational Health & Safety Management. Siobhan works in the fields of Ergonomics, Worksite fitness and Occupational Rehabilitation Consulting.
Lois has more years’ experience as an office manager within the physiotherapy industry than she wishes to admit (greater than 20 years!). She has a wealth of knowledge in the behind the scenes running of our clinic and can assist with all enquiries regarding the services offered at 4 Life Physiotherapy. Lois can also assist with any queries regarding payment of accounts and can answer all questions regarding private health rebates, Medicare and Veteran Affair’s patients.
4 Things you might not know about Lois:
- Born and raised in the small farming community of Dudinin.
- Enjoys playing golf and corporate bowls.
- Has had 2 hole-in-one’s.
- Has 4 beautiful grandchildren.
Sharon joined 4 Life Physiotherapy in December 2011 and is an experienced physiotherapy receptionist. Sharon can assist with all enquiries relating to the services we offer at 4 Life Physiotherapy. Make sure you return her smile when she greets you at your appointment!
4 Things you might not know about Sharon:
- She sponsor’s a family of 3 Balinese children so they can go to school.
- When she was a little girl on her Grandparents farm she decided to get in with the pigs and piglets. The mother wasn’t very happy and tried to eat her. Luckily she was fat and healthy and one of her uncles managed run to her rescue.
- She’s a Westcoast Eagles supporter.
- She has a gorgeous Grandson who is 2 1/2.
Kerry brings her years of experience in healthcare reception to 4 Life Physiotherapy. Kerry can assist with all enquiries relating to the services we offer at 4 Life Physiotherapy in addition to any queries relating to billing and health funds. You will always feel a warm welcome when Kerry greets you at our clinic.
4 Things you might not know about Kerry:
- Kerry grew up in country WA.
- She has two children and one grandbaby!
- Enjoys reading and is a champion golfer.
- Loves the Dockers (who are close to winning a Grand Final!).
Mady keeps the smiles coming at the 4 Life Reception Desk. In addition to her duties here she is also a Screener and Audiometric Officer at Workscreen Medical.
4 things you might not know about Mady:
- She has lived in Mandurah all her life.
- Mady has travelled around Europe and has North America is on her bucket list.
- She loves all things health and fitness but has a sweet tooth!
- Avid Peel Thunder supporter (Although this was influenced by her boyfriend Ben… Peel Thunder Midfielder!)
Kylie joined 4 Life Physiotherapy in 2015 with the completion of our clinic expansion. Kylie has almost 20years experience in healthcare office / reception roles and is always happy to answer any queries regarding the various services that we offer at 4 Life Physiotherapy.
4 Things you might not know about Kylie:
- Loves the V8 Supercars.
- She is married with one son.
- Enjoys playing and watching soccer.
- Favourite pastime is reading.