ENCOURAGING HEALTHY BODIES & HEALTHY HABITS
4 Life is now offering group fitness sessions for high school students aged 13-17
We understand that exercise can be daunting and that most gyms have a minimum age limit of 16, so our Accredited Exercise Physiologists are here to
Physical activity keeps teenage bodies and minds healthy
Australian guidelines recommend children aged 5-18 years have at least one hour of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day. On at least three days of the week, this should include activities that strengthen muscles and bones.
Not all young people are keen on sport and that’s where our non-competitive group exercise sessions are here to help. We will provide a fun, non-threatening environment for teenagers to learn a variety of different exercises, including exercises they can complete at home.
WHY IS PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IMPORTANT FOR TEENAGERS?
- Improves heart and lung health;
- Boosts immunity;
- Develops strong muscles, bones, and good
- Improves function & reduces the risk of injury;
- Helps with maintaining or achieving a healthy
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure,
anxiety, depression, and type 2 diabetes;
- Helps break up long periods of study and can
even help improve concentration and memory;
- Improves self-confidence;
- Reduces stress and improves sleep.
60 minutes classes.
4-5pm Tuesday and Thursday afternoons during
the school term.
Free one-on-one initial assessment with an
Accredited Exercise Physiologist when signing up
for the term.
Private Health Fund Rebates May Apply